Autographed Penton Cap

Started by Hillister, May 04, 2004, 05:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hillister

Please go to Ebay and bid on the John Penton autographed cap. Item number 7901450695. All proceeds will be donated to the Penton Owner's Group.  This was a gift from Ron Carbaugh to another old Penton rider.

firstturn

To all POG Forum readers,
  The Penton Hat that we are discussing was a gift from me to my Very Good Friend Steve Jones some years back.  I saw it on ebay and bid on it.  Then the fun began with a e-mail about the gift situation.  
  Steve Jones and his wife(Carol) and daughter(Lacy) are what I would call Way Above average riders.  For you Penton History Buffs (aren't we all) check out Keeping Track No 15 (June/July 1974).  Look at the results of the Fort Hood 2-day Trails.  The only, ONLY finisher of the event on a 100 was you guessed it -Steve Jones.  As most of you know I am a person who raced and love(s)Berkshires.
  So if you feel inclined to bid I would ask Steve to autograph the hat and it would be that more unique.
  Fast forward to 2004.  Check out the current National Enduro standings and you will see Lacy Jones is up at the top in the standing.  One side note she got injured earlier this (riding a horse) and hasn't made all the events.  Please Mothers don't let your children ride horses(and that's from a Texan).
  Thanks for taking the time to read.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

I just wanta know who put that wax job on that car. It's like a mirror.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Hillister

The Penton Cap was sold to Mr. Terry Everett of New Philadephia, Ohio.  The money for the sale will be given to the Penton Owner's Group in the name of Ron Carbaugh.