What am I?

Started by BDadd46, May 08, 2004, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDadd46

I have what appears to be a 50cc Sachs engine, a small frame made in Italy(sized right for a 5-6 year old), serial # on frame is 20*16020*, letters on the tank are missing except the last two are for sure "et", possibly the letter before that is a "u", 13" chrome wheels, it appears to be automatic, there is no clutch, only front and back brake levers, the handle bars and front forks are just like what is on a penton steel tanker only they are smaller,  I would post a pic but I don't know how. If you want I can e-mail.  Thanks for any help

OUCWBOY

BDadd46,
Please send a photo to [email protected] and I will hsve a look see.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

If I am not mistaken, I think Alouette made a 50cc bike?

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

BrianTaylor

B dadd I would like to see the pic .. send to [email protected]   thks Brian T

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Larry Perkins

Indeed Alouette made a mini with the Sachs 50cc upright motor which is different than the 50cc Sachs moped lay-down motor.  When Donny picks up these parts there is a NOS cylinder, head, piston, carb, and shifter for one of the upright Sachs 50cc motors.

BDadd46

OUCWBOY saw my pic and said it is not a Sachs. Now I'm at a loss as to where to look.

Larry Perkins

I am wondering why you thought it looked like a Sachs?  If it is a small dirtbike and Italian it might be an Italjet, the folks that built their own bikes and the 1970's Indian dirtbikes.

OUCWBOY

Bdadd46 and Larry!
Larry you hit the nail on the head. It is an Italjet. After I read your post, the lights came on and I went back and looked at the photo again, and sure enought. That's it.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR