Casey CC

Started by Lew Mayer, June 01, 2004, 11:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

Any body know what the CC track at Casey is like? I'm running stock gearing of 12/52 and it killed me on the the uphills at Camelback. I'm thinking of changing to 12/55 depending on the course.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tlanders

Lew,

Casey is terrific. He changes the course every year and it always is great. There will be some short uphills, up out of creek bottoms, but there never has been any long ones like Camelback. I gear my Piner 12/55 and got the hole shot in the last two ISDTRR 5 lap grass track motocrosses in 2002 and 2003.

At Camelback, I had some carb flooding problems on a couple of the hills and I had to stop and let the carb clear it's throat halfway up the hill. I had changed the carb to a 32mm Bing a year ago and never really got it dialed in correctly. I knew it was too rich and I just kept dropping the needle. It always smoked and when I loaned it to Phil Ketchum at the ISDTVQ last March, it fouled the plug. Last night, getting ready for Casey, I pulled the carb, left the pilot at 30 and the main at 150, but changed the needle jet to 2.74 from 2.76. Needle is in the top groove. I also adjusted the float, it was a little high. It started on the first kick and the smoke is gone. Can't wait for Casey.

I hope they separate the vintage from the PV so we can get to do two cross countries. I will ride my 250cc MC5 in the PV. You could change your rear shock position and ride the <200 PV class.

See you there,

Teddy

Lew Mayer

Thanks Teddy.
The 55 goes on tomorrow.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

What is the date of Casey?  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Randy Kirkbride

Ron,
CC is Friday the 11th, PV Mx is Saturday the 12th & VMx is Sunday the 13th of June.

firstturn

Randy,
  Thanks!  The care package arrived.  Thank you again for the excellent products that you offer.  It has to be a labor of love and we at POG are lucky to have you as a member and such a contributor.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Randy,
I may be calling you for ride if your offer still stands. I might have to start chasing Dennis Jones.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Ron,
You're welcome.  You are also a great benefit to our group.  Let me know anytime I can help.

Lew,
Still have room.  Give me a call sometime.
8-5  740-453-EYES  or  
cell 740-819-4481

tlanders

I think it is so neat that we have a bunch of Penton riders doing the AHRMA Cross Country series. Let's go Pentons!!!!

Teddy

Mick Milakovic

Hi All,
I'm going to Casey too, but unfortunately on just my Husky.  My harescrambler project is back-shelved until my wife's bike is done and my daughter's Pent-onda project is finished.  They just won't let me have three running race bikes until they get their's. Kind of selfish, don't you think?!  ;)

Mick

Dennis Jones

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Casey. Lew you will not have to chase me to hard, I'm easy to catch.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones