Cleaning Out the Garage

Started by imported_n/a, April 12, 2004, 09:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

UPDATED 4-30-04

My better half has issued an encroachment penalty against me because I have Penton parts spilling over on to her side of the garage.  Therefore, some things have to go.  I'm going to offer these items to Poggers first before going out to EvilBay.  Other items I'll offer later.

1978 KTM MC5 white MX tank in good shape.  Needs stickers.  No cap or petcocks.  ****Still for sale****

I need to move out some pipes that are taking up space:

1972-'73 125 CMF - Not for show, but usable, includes end cap, but no internal baffle.  ****Still for sale***

Those interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

***** Coming June 1st, I'm moving out my extra parts engines, 125 Sachs 5/A, '74 175 silver Jackpiner, '74 250 silver and maybe a '75 400 bottom end.  I need to get pictures taken and will let all of you know when I'm ready to sell them.  *******

Glenn

rob w

Glenn,
I thought 76, 77, and 78 MC5 tanks were all the same. I like white MC5's, I'll trade you one for a good, original, '74 blue 1.8 gal. MX tank, only has minor surface scratches, they could polish out.
:)
thanks,
bob

rd400pi

Rob W,
  I have a white 78 mx tank and it doesn't have the two little bulges down by the steering stops like my orange 76 MC5 tanks do.  Anybody know why the difference?[?]

Mike H.

imported_n/a

Bob,

I'll send you pictures of both the '78 tank and the '76/'77 so you can see the difference.  Take a look and let me know the details as, yes, I would like to trade.

Glenn

imported_n/a

Bob,

Be careful.  The narrow tunnel is the later tank, the LARGE tunnel fits the earlier models, I believe.  I only discovered this when trying to fit tanks to a spare '74 frame.

Glenn

Mike Lenz

There are two differances in the 77 verses the 78 mc-5 tanks. One are the bulges down in the front and the other is they moved the left petcock farther forward to clear the snake pipe on the 78;s. The 78 tank will work on the 77 but the 77 tank will not clear the snake pipe if used on a 77 or 78...unless you can find the 78 larger/higher flow petcocks and just use the right side alone which is what I do. It flows plenty, even for a 400.

foster-boy

Hello would be intrested in a exhaust pipe for a 73 and also parts motor for a 1001/5a,1251/5a! Thank You foster-boy :)

Keith May

Thanks Glenn for the enduro pipe. It is exactly as you described and should do very nicely. This pipe will greatly help my resto on the GS250.
Glenn says to tell everyone he's still around but having to take care of some personal business. Good luck Glenn.
Keith