A New President...........

Started by rob w, June 08, 2004, 12:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I'm stunned, I don't know what to say.....I just read our beloved President Al Buehner is stepping down. Wow, changes.....they are a' happening, ain't they. Well the first thing that comes to my mind is...I'd like to thank Al so much for everything he's done for this group, Al Buehner's dedication, persistence and hard work to better the group, and the name of Penton motorcycles, was incredible.
 I can positively say that I've always been very impressed with the way the entire group of Officers and Trustees have functioned and ran the matters of the P.O.G. so excellently. It can't be easy all the time...thank all of you so much for your work. Special thanks to Doug Wilford who is also stepping down as treasurer. I believe the VMD, POG meeting may be epic. Can't wait to see you again.

Bob Wardlow

tomale

Wow, what can I say, I agree with you the officers from what I can tell have done an incredible Job. Thanks go out to all those who have served us so faithfully for so long. AL, Doug you guys Rock!!!

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

To Al and Doug,
  Thank you both from the bottom my heart for EVERYTHING both of you have done to make this organization what it is today.  I realize that things must change, but I can't help but remember the early start of the organization and our first big move which was Mid-Ohio and how Al was just hoping John Penton would just show up.  Well he did and Al's prayer was answered.  And with the greats like Doug Wilford and Paul Danik, who put endless hours into the planning, organizing and execution of the events and monthly POG meetings, is why there is great success to be proud of today.
   But there are so many others who have contributed, and our Group has grown to what I and many others consider the Model of a motorcycle organization.  I don't hear the finger pointing and complaining that other groups suffer from nor selfishness and and one upsmenship.  Our group has taken on the leadership from what the entire Penton Dream was from the beginning and that is strive for the very best, never accept second best or failure.
  Thanks Al and Doug for developing and staying on course of what I would say is that of TRUE WINNERS.  Also thanks Al for your incredible comittment to stocking and reproducing parts.  Doug your engines are the best, I know I have some, and thanks for honoring me with building some real beauties.

(Karl, please fax a copy to Al [8D] )

Highest regards,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

penton117

I also just read about Al stepping down and must offer a big thanks for all his hard work. What a drag, inside of one week our country has lost two of the best Presidents we have ever known. (sorry guys, I couldn't resist)