Fuel Tank Cushion

Started by firstturn, June 13, 2004, 08:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Wanted:
 I need two, but will settle for what is avaliable.  I need the cushion that fits on the front of the fiberglass Penton tanks.  It fits between the front of the tank and the rear of the steering head.  They are gray in color (as far as I know) and I didn't find a part number.  I don't mind buying and/or trading.  Thanks in advance for any leads.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Ron

Are they the felt pads that go under the CMF tank?   If so, Karl S reproduced them and Al has them.  If not, what year is the bike as I know the 76's had rubber bumpers that held the front of the tank.

tmc3c

Hey Buddy I just replaced mine and Al had the replacement.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Kip & Thomas,
  Thanks to both of you for your replys.  What I want is the rubber bumper, and now that I think of it I do remember it being on my '77 125.  I thought I ask Al  sometime back, but you know how close Al and Karl are, they are always plotting against this simple ole Texas Plow Boy[:0].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

BR
Draw us a photo and send so we can see what you are talking about.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Cappy

Ron,
Do you mean the rubber bushing (51.07.069.100)which stabilizes the lateral shift of the tank or the felt pad (51.07.010.000)which rides over the top of the frame head underneath the tank?
Cheers,
John

'74 Jackpiner (running)
'73 Jackpiner (on the garage floor)
'74 CZ Enduro (in storage)
John Cappel

firstturn

Cappy,
  Neither.  I don't have my later model parts list with me.  It is as I described a rubber piece that actually fits on the area in front of the tank just ahead of the fuel cap.  thanks for you interest.
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Donny,
  For special people like you I will just call.  Here goes.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Ron
I have a NOS one.  I can send it to you, to see if you can get something duplicated.
Rod

firstturn

Rocket,
  As always a true friend.  I was able to get them from Al.  I will look into having them duplicated if my person can still get the product done reasonably.  Last time I checked I had to get 500 pieces.
  FYI:  I have not been able to find a part number nor has anyone else been able to come up with a number.  Any help would be appreciated for people needing them in the future.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

I know where theres a 1/2 mile cushion in Rochester N.H. this Friday night, for anyone looking for cushion action ala sideways @ 90 mph :)
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tmc3c

Now that is the type of cushion I like!! Feet up on the pegs and broad sliding !!!!!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Raymond,
  I knew some savy racer wouldn't beable to pass up that point word.....CUSHION..................[:p].  I'll be at one of those features Saturday night.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

So the main feature starts and theres this pro racer from "I think" Minnesota, and she ends up lapping the whole field on the 15th and final lap. what a weird racing season this has been.
Raymond.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons