"A" Motor

Started by Lew Mayer, June 22, 2004, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

Looking around for a steel jug Sachs B motor. I'll rebuild if needed. Actually, I almost prefer that so I know what I have inside. I'll be looking at Mid-Ohio as well.
Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

OUCWBOY

OK Lew!
Educate me some more! I wasn't aware that Sachs made a Steel Cylinder B motor. I know of the cast A motors and the Aluminum A, B and D motors but a steel B I have not heard of.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Doug Wilford

Never had a "B" bottom end on any Steel or cast iron cylinders.   It is possible to make one and most likely some of the German Army bikes could have had that configuration in also a 5 speed.

Lew Mayer

Well,you guys are going to educate me.
I guess I need an "A" motor with a steel jug. Actually I think I had brain fade when I said I needed a B motor. I know I needed the old motor with the heavy flywheels.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  I have one or two steel cylinder engines coming this week.  Let me see if either are worth anything.  Another fine deal of buying sight unseen items[:0].  Oh well I don't think I see stocks when I buy them either[B)].  Give me a call and we will discuss.
cell:832.722.0408 or after Saturday evening 830.895.1968.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Lew,
  Give me a call on Sunday.  It will give me time to look over the one that came in.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh