Tire selection

Started by CWilson, June 28, 2004, 08:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWilson

I'm interested in some opinions as to what kind of tires I should replace my worn out Metzlers with.  I have a 1975 125 Six Days which I use to putt around town ( it's licensed and insured) and go off-road occasionally.  The thought of putting trials type tires on a Penton brings tears to my eyes but knobbies are not the answer either. I do not anticipate any long trail rides over brutal terrain nor any extended road trips.  Is there something more aggressive than trials tires for the dirt yet less aggressive than knobbies for the road?  Thanks, Craig

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

Doug Wilford

Look into some of the Dual Sport tires  they may be just what you are looking for.

jj

If you want to try a dual sport that will not break the bank, take a look at Kenda's K270. It's DOT approved and rated 50% on road  / 50% off road. I have a set on my 620 KTM using it the same as your SixDay with good luck. I was reading a March '87 Dirt Bike magazine the other day and ran across a tire ad titled add "NEW K-270 from Kenda", so it's been around a lot longer then I would of guessed. Hope this helps.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

CWilson

Thank you Doug and John for your suggestions.  Dual sport tires should do the trick!  Craig

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson