Need help locating

Started by Cappy, July 04, 2004, 01:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cappy

I am trying to restore a '75 Jackpiner and 250 which have seen better days.  I despretely need 2 Akront "18 rear rims to complete the project, as the ones I have are too far gone to save.  I prefer just the rim (to save on shipping) but could use the whole conical hub ('75 onward) if already laced.  I plan to use the bikes for competition, so showroom quality is not needed. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

John Cappel

John Cappel

Rocket

Cappy
I replied to your email, maybe I can help you out.  I'll check what I have tonight for rims.
Rocket

vmx1963

Something I recently found out is that you can still buy Akront rims - even the same valance "S" style as were stock on a lot of European bikes.  They are now known as Morad, the company bought the tooling from Akront for all their rim profiles 10 years ago.  Not sure about the availability in the States, but I'm getting my Jackpiner laced up with a new set here in Oz.

Cappy, if you're in Germany I know they're available from Central Wheel Components in the UK, here are their contact details if you want to see about Morad rims.

Telephone: +44 (0)1675 462264
Facsimile: +44 (0)1675 466412
Address:
8 & 9 Station Road, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1HT, UK
E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

firstturn

Cappy,
  I have a complete wheel assy, i.e. rim/spokes/hub/brake. I will have to send you a picture after Mid-Ohio if you are interested.  I think I may also have a new rim, but it may have already been sold.  You can email me dirrectly: [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Cappy

VMX1963,
Thanks for the point of contact in the UK I will look into it with them.

Rod and Ron,
Thanks for the prompt replies.  I will contact you both via email.  I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

John Cappel

John Cappel