# plate mount bracket !

Started by crash carden, June 25, 2004, 11:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello, I need a # plate mount bracket for the large CEV head light that holds the cut away # plate on. Its the bracket that looks like a set of mickey mouse ears. Anybody got one they would like to sell? I would like to mount the # plate on my 1973 250cc Harescrambler before I show it at Mid Ohio. If not maybe I can pick one up at the swap meet. I think I'll bring my 1973 Jackpiner as well, maybe I[:I] can get a picture of Ol'John settin on my Piner![8D] Hope to see you at the show! Crash Carden, Go Team Penton!

Cappy

Like Crash, I could use two of the brackets if they are available.  Thanks,

John Cappel

John Cappel

rob w

Chuck, John, all. This is an interesting topic, I have a complete and all original 74 Harescrambler Enduro. It came stock without a front number plate, or mount, in fact the headlight does not even have mounting holes for one. I find it odd that they would have over-looked this, since the goal was to offer a competition ready motorcycle. But they forgot the front number plate and mounting bracket. It looks more like a street bike without the plate, but since that's the way it was made, that's the way it will remain.
Thanks, see you soon CC.
Bob

Cappy

Rob,
Good point, my '74 KTM 250GS came the same way.  I plan to use the bracket on the large (5") headlight for my '74 Jackpiner since that headlight shell does have the holes pre-drilled for the bracket.  I wonder what they were thinking with the 250cc models of that year?
Cheers,

John Cappel

John Cappel

rd400pi

Karl (FabGuru),
  Is the "Mickey Mouse" numberplate bracket for the large headlight buckets something that is do-able as a repop?  I would also like to get a couple and it sounds like there is some interest in this.  It would seem to be a fairly straight forward affair except the radius for the headlight bucket might muddy the water a bit.  Thoughts?

Mike H.
  Tulsa, OK