NOS PIPE QUESTION

Started by Dennis Jones, June 30, 2004, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

My brother has ran across a perfect NOS pipe but is not sure what it fits. The OEM mumber 51-05-070-500 is what is on the pipe. Does anyone know what this may have been for?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rob w

Dennis, That fits a 1976 GS (Cross Country) model with a 125 KTM engine. Good find, I know there were two guys around here looking for that pipe at one time. One guy was "Chris P", can't remember the other, maybe Steve Minor.

Bob

Steve Minor

Bob/Rob........as always, you're on the ball. How do you remember this stuff? [?]

It's true that I had/have a need for a pipe for a 77 125 GS6 project. The 125 came with a complete pipe, sans the end section. But, I'm thinking I can take an end section from another pipe I have and sorta' "frankstein" a rider pipe....All my bikes are riders anyway, so I really don't need a NOS pipe. I'll pass and let someone with a restoration project going have first chance.

1977 400 GS6 Original Owner
1977 125 GS6 Project
1978 400 MC5 Project
Steve Minor

Dennis Jones

Steve is right Bob, you know some stuff. Thanks for the info. I will pass it along.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

ktmkirk

I'm looking for an ENDURO Pipe for the 1976 ktm motor, It had a real big bazooka style end on it. I have a 1976 mx pipe to trade or sell if someone is interested...Kirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis Jones

My brother has ran across a perfect NOS pipe but is not sure what it fits. The OEM mumber 51-05-070-500 is what is on the pipe. Does anyone know what this may have been for?

Dennis Jones

G Ellis

Dennis I am looking for that kind of pipe, is it possible to get a photo of the pipe you have? That pipe will also fit a 77 GS6. Email me at [email protected]

rob w

Dennis, That fits a 1976 GS (Cross Country) model with a 125 KTM engine. Good find, I know there were two guys around here looking for that pipe at one time. One guy was "Chris P", can't remember the other, maybe Steve Minor.

Bob

Steve Minor

Bob/Rob........as always, you're on the ball. How do you remember this stuff? [?]

It's true that I had/have a need for a pipe for a 77 125 GS6 project. The 125 came with a complete pipe, sans the end section. But, I'm thinking I can take an end section from another pipe I have and sorta' "frankstein" a rider pipe....All my bikes are riders anyway, so I really don't need a NOS pipe. I'll pass and let someone with a restoration project going have first chance.

1977 400 GS6 Original Owner
1977 125 GS6 Project
1978 400 MC5 Project
Steve Minor

Dennis Jones

Steve is right Bob, you know some stuff. Thanks for the info. I will pass it along.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

ktmkirk

I'm looking for an ENDURO Pipe for the 1976 ktm motor, It had a real big bazooka style end on it. I have a 1976 mx pipe to trade or sell if someone is interested...Kirk

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

G Ellis

Dennis I am looking for that kind of pipe, is it possible to get a photo of the pipe you have? That pipe will also fit a 77 GS6. Email me at [email protected]

Chakka

I too am looking for that year pipe. I have a NOS MX pipe for the 76 125 I can trade. I wouold also be willing to pay dearly to get one. Its the last Item I need to finish my bike

Chris