hercules?

Started by rich allison, July 09, 2004, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich allison

while searching through the barns and backlots of central ohio looking for my first Penton to restore I have come upon a 175 hercules. I believe it is a 1975 or 1976 model. Don't know a thing about them. picking it up this weekend. Enduro model has light kit. Farmer told me it would still run when he set it there 15-18 years ago. missing footpeg and sprockets shot. Is there someplace i could still get parts and a little knowledge about these bikes. or possibly do some swapping for a penton. Thanks

richard j allison
Rich

Tennessee Vol

Richard,
 Check out the vinduro.com site they can help you very much with the hercules.They are a lot of owners on that site.Lots of luck on your resto.

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

Dwight Rudder

If you decide you don't want it let me know. I love the 1975 models. I also have one of each of the 1976-78 models ( and a rare Euro model brought in to the USA by John Penton in 1977 )
Cher'o,
Dwight Rudder
former Hercules Factory Rider
( Doug W. made me do it ! )

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

t20sl

Rich:  I believe Jake Fischer who is listed on this site as a Penton parts supplier also sold Hercules.  He may have the parts you will need.

Cappy

Rich,
There is a fairly large Hercules community in the vintage enduro scene still up and running here in Germany, so I can also try to assist you when it come time to find parts.
Cheers,

John Cappel

John Cappel