MID OHIO ????

Started by mad max, July 12, 2004, 05:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad max

HI Guy's Im visting the good old USA on thursday for 2 weeks & im staying in mass how far is it to the mid ohio thing ? and is it worth me going ? also what's the best way to get there ? is there any other penton/ktm people worth a vist in the mass area regards MAX. from the (UK)

Larry Perkins

Max

It is a bit of a trip from Mass to Ohio but it would be worth it.  Mid-Ohio or Vintage Motorcycle Days is the PREMIER event for Vintage in the USA.  There will be about 1000 Vintage and Post-Vintage MX racers, a couple of hundred Vintage Trials riders, and well over a 1000 Vintage Road racers on a great course.  There are also Fantastic displays, a Swap Meet with many hundreds of Vintage sellers, and I think 20,000-50,000 people watching it all over the course of the weekend.  For here in the US it is "THE SHOW".

Dennis Jones

Max,

If you can, by all means try to make Mid-Ohio. It is THE vintage event in the USA.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

crash carden

Hello Max, since you are this close I say by all means don't miss this event. This is a great swap meet with tons of venders,parts,bikes,and lots of Penton's. Its a BLAST hope you can make it. PS bring your camera and get some great photos to show your racing buddys back home. Even OL' John Penton will be hanging around the POG tent, its COOL! Hope to see you their Crash Carden GO TEAM PENTON! For more information call 1-800-MID OHIO or on line //www.midohio.com

firstturn

Directions I-90 west via Mass Turnpike and the NY Thruway ( toll roads)  to Cleveland Ohio then I-71 South to Lexington, OH  Exit #169 follow signs to Mid-Ohio Raceway.  From Boston 12-13 hrs driving just a tad over the speed limits.   Hope you can make it and visit the Penton Owners Group Display in the swap meet area.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh