Large magazine collection on Ebay

Started by sachsmx, July 14, 2004, 08:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

I have placed my magazine collection on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6912718130&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

If anyone is serious about bidding or making an offer on my collection, please email me at [email protected]. I live only about 15 minutes from the Mid-Ohio track and will be available throughout the weekend. I will most likey be at the track to watch the MX racing early Sunday, but will be available by cell phone. I would prefer to sell this collection to someone who can view it and pick it up in person.

After nearly 30 years I have decided to sell my motorcycle magazine collection due to other interests. The heart of this collection is a complete set of Dirt Bike Magazine from the first issue, June 1971 up to the mid 1990s plus many issues up to about 2002. Also included in this auction are many many other motorcycle related magazines from the early 1970s to about 2002 including: Modern Cycle, Cycle, Popular Cycling (some complete years), Cycle World, Cycle Guide, Motocross Action, Dirt Rider, Motorcyclist, etc. I also have many issues of German motorcycle magazines such as Das Motorrad and Motorrad from the 1970s and early 1980s. Many of the early Dirt Bike magazines (pre 1976) are in mint condition and were in the original, unopened mailing sleeves when I purchased them many years ago. Most of the magazines have been stored in media boxes that hold about 12 to 18 magazines in a dry closet for years.

I had intended to go through the collection and grade each magazine, but work and time constraints have not allowed it. I have, however, made it through the first 10 years of the Dirt Bike collection and would be happy to email intersted bidders this list. I am listing this auction during the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event so that interested bidders can see the collection in person should they be in the area, which I would highly recommend. Please email me with your questions as early as possible. I will not be able to answer questions about specific issues due to a very full work schedule.

Dennis D

I think they are running the motocross on Sat. this year. Dennis D