1980 ktm factory bike ?

Started by troy327, July 25, 2004, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy327

I was lucky anough to pick up a 1980 ktm 250 at mid ohio this year.The bike came with fox factory forks and piggy back shocks on it. The frame is painted blue and does not have any signs of orange on it any where. I have not been in the motor yet. I was talking to a guy that collects works jap bikes and he told me that the european factoy bikes had no special numbers or exterior difference, that they put on the best suspension on them and did porting work to the motor. I was hoping that I could dig up the past history on this bike. If any one knows about the 1980 factory bikes, please let me know. Thanks Greg

Mike Lenz

I think in 1980 The factory bikes had the new 1981 production type motor in them. The production 1980 bikes still had the old style motor. Which one you got??

firstturn

Greg,
  Mike would be the man to help you pin down your bike, but do you have any history on where the bike may have came from so someone else may be of help.  Any info might help.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

troy327

Mike, the motor is a 79 250, the ser# starts with a 001 I dont rember the rest of the number. I was hoping that I had found something that had a unusual history to it. Well some one had spent a lot of money on it at one time. Mike thanks for the info, Greg