John Penton Autograph for #1 Jackpiner

Started by ktmrider134, August 02, 2004, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmrider134

I would love to have John sign my 97 200 Jackpiner #1 bike. Any idea if he goes to any motorcycle functions to meet him and have him sign my bike? I think it would be great but I am not sure he would do this.

If anyone can help me contact him I would apprciate it.
Thanks,
Tim
[email protected]

Tim
Tim

swamp fox

Tim,

You just missed a golden opportunity at Mid Ohio. He was autographing items at the POG tent and telling stories. We even shared some of Jack's birthday cake! What a memorable time it was.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

ktmrider134

Just my luck Robert! Any other appearances coming up?

Tim
Tim

swamp fox

I don't know if he goes to every monthly meeting, but some of the other guys would know. I know the Penton Day at the AMA would be a good bet.

Another likely spot would be the ISDTRR.  

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Paul Danik

Tim,
   Mr. Penton is at most of the monthly POG meetings, there is one coming up this Thursday at the KTM building in Amherst,Ohio.  As Robert mentioned, Mr. Penton has been to each of the Penton Day at the AMA meetings held each Feb., along with son Jack and nephew Dane Leimbach.  

I can tell you for sure that he will be more than happy to sign your bike, I have watched him sign many items for many people and he usually is smiling just as much as the person who owns the item.

Congrats on owning such a special motorcycle.

Paul Danik

ktmrider134

Paul/Robert,
Thanks so much for your input. I live in Charlotte, NC so I want to make sure he's is around when I come up. Any ideas on what piece of plastic I should try to have signed? Front Fender or Shroud??? Any ideas.

Thanks again,
Tim

Tim
Tim

Steve Minor

Tim.......from what I've seen in the past, the part most autographed seems to be the tank.....just my observation.

1977 400 GS6 Original Owner
1977 125 GS6 Project
1978 400 MC5 Project
Steve Minor

Mick Milakovic

Very congenial man, he autographed 3 tanks for me at VMD!

Mick

Bob Gilman

Tim, John has signed the front #plate on my '97 200 LE and my '97 125 LE. It really "stands out". Also, on my 125 LE he signed the rear # plate. Not only John signed it but Paul Danik, Jack Penton, Doug Wilford, Dane Leinbach, Tom Penton and last but not least Al Born. These are  some of the BEST of the Penton Crew. I've got other Pentons, but they are autographed on the tank.  Good Luck, Bob

Mike OReilly

I note from Ed Youngblood's motohistory.net that Mr. Penton's next "public appearance" will be at the A.M.C.A. meet in September in Davenport, Iowa. Check out "motohistory" it is well worth the visit.

Iowa probably doesn't work too well from N.C. so consider the annual POG visit to the AMA in February. Again, aside from the opportunity to meet everyone, it is well worth the drive and the visit. Just be prepared to "take a number" as "J.P." is very much in demand for autographs and stories. As noted in the other posts, he is always happy to oblige, and equally amazed at the level of interest in him personally, and the Penton marque in general, after all these years.
Mike

Mike OReilly