VDO reset knobs

Started by BrianTaylor, July 22, 2004, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianTaylor

Does anyone have a stash of VDO re-set knobs and screws ? I need at least 2 maybe 5 sets ..... apparently all  the VDO,s I found at VMD suffer from the same illness :D.... thks Brian T.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Brian,
Nice to see you at VMD.  I got a VDO screw from Speedy about 6 months ago but he didn't have any more of the knobs.  Don't know if he has any more screws or not.  If you find any knobs, I need one also.
Thanks

t20sl

Are you talking about the knob on top version or the knob out the left side version?

Randy Kirkbride

I was refering to the top version.

BrianTaylor

Top version guys .........bt

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

t20sl

I will check my supplier.  Believe they are still available from them for VDO's.  They also stocked chrome rings for the tops. Ted

BrianTaylor

Great Ted I will look forward to your reply....I hope your supplier is not Palo Alto or North Hollywood ... thks Brian T

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

t20sl

Yes it is North Hollywood.  They do have the knobs @ $15.00 ea.  Chrome bezels are $26.00.  There was also a place in Columbus, OH, but I have not heard back from them yet.

rd400pi

Brian T,
  What's the deal with Palo Alto and North Hollywood?  Bad experience?

Mike H.

BrianTaylor

Ted its funny I called NH last week and they told me they dont sell parts . I explaned I had 4 that need just the knobs and screws .. his reply was send all 4 of them and we will repair them for about $12 ea. This is not unreasonable but I would pay that for the knobs and screws and put them on myself... but I dont want to send 4 VDO,s from Canada to them paying double and higher freight charges... Columbus ohio sounds good I hope they contact you.. BT

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

t20sl

Brian:  Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  The company in Columbus, OH  does not have any VDO motorcycle speedo parts anymore.  they were bought out and all the VDO items were auctioned.  Looks like North Hollywood is it. Ted

Mike OReilly

Brian:
What is the contact info. for the people you're talking about: North Hollywood? N.H.?
Thanks,
Mike

BrianTaylor

Mike here is the website .. I believe I was talking to a " Kevin " a few months ago .. if you have a need and any luck I need a few knobs and screws..BT

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

leoheyman

be warned
i sent a vdo speedo to palo alto to have
them look at it and give me an estimate
for repair.  it was missing the reset
knob...also small dent on bezel.
my estimate was $175.00...thank god i
read this thread.....will try north
hollywood speedo