Cycle

Started by tmc3c, August 22, 2004, 04:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Ok Sheriff I hope you don't mind me sliding one in on ya but here goes. What kind of cycle would you see in MANY of the flat trackers vans in the 70's and also see them being ridden in the pits? And can you ride one?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OUCWBOY

I know, I know!!!!! Uni-cycle. And I use to could!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

I knew a old flat tracker would get it right away !!:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thomas,
  I think Carl Crank use to ride one and/or someone with the Penton Group.  Maybe Dane or Doug could shed some light on this?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Leroy Winters was an expert on a Uni-Cycle.  I forget the year but I think Jack Penton was about 14 years old the first time Leroy stopped at Penton Honda and unloaded a unicycle and started riding around.   Believe me he new how to put on a good show.   From that time on all the kids, mine included wanted uni-cycles.   Jack was the first to get it going and got good enough to ride it 2 miles one way to school and back.  My son Derek also got very good at it and I did finally learn to get around some on the thing but, without the grace of the kids for sure.   Can't say about Carl or Dane but the little 24 inchers sure were a hoot for awhile.

Mike OReilly

Kinda' like a 70's version of the tricked out 50's that you will find in every motocrossers trailer now. Just goes to show that there isn't a whole lot new under the sun.

tmc3c

I used to ride mine all over,I could stop back it up&spin around.I would bet people I could do a wheelie on mine then I would go out and while riding grab under the seat with both hands and pop of the ground I would come.I sure paid the dues learning how to ride it though!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler