Bosch flywheel desperately needed.

Started by Dave H., June 23, 2001, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

Help!
my racer is dead! My second motoplat stator fizzled just before the last road race. I'm going back to points. Does anybody have a Bosch  magneto flywheel that I can buy from them? (I have the backing plate with the points and coils)
 POG# 414 (Penton Owners Group)
 WMRRA #49 (Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association)

Finishes this season: one 2nd place, one 6th place and 2 DNS. Next race in 3 weeks!

Become a sponsor: Help this Penton pilot kick Honda 160 butt in the classic vintage 250cc road racing circuit! your parts donations greatfully appreciated!
David Hussey
13457 Macadam Rd
Tukwila, Washington

Larry Perkins

David
I would think that an internal rotor Motoplat or a internal rotor PVL would allow that bike to rap quicker.  Why the Bosch unit out of curiosity.  If you are racing a Penton we might try to give a little help here at the Penton Man.  You have been a good customer.  Anyway, what do you think of the internal rotor idea.  We have a D motored 125 Sachs with internal rotor PVL.

Dave H.

Hi Larry, thank you for the offer.
Why the Bosch unit? Well, it's repairable, and has rarely given me any trouble. Sure, it's old technology, but it beat two Motoplat units that just quit. I don't have any experience with the PVL internal rotor units. I'd be happy to give one a try if you think they can stand long duration high rpm...(read WFO I can be contacted at [email protected]
Thanks again :)

deek

Dave, I sent you two e-mail's, both came back. I have a flywheel ya can have. If you remember, I'm in Idaho.

Dale Walter
[email protected]