davenport swap meet

Started by jhardin, September 06, 2004, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhardin

Just returned from the Davenport swap meet.  I wanted to say, how much I enjoyed the Penton Display and finally getting to meet Mr. Penton, Paul Danik, Al Buehner and Ted Delsolar.  It is so nice to be a member of a goup of such wonderful people.

Thank you

John Hardin

john hardin
john hardin

Paul Danik

John,

I was just as happy to meet you, thanks for coming by.

The Davenport meet exposed the POG, Mr. Penton and the Penton motorcycle to a lot of new people. Numerous guys would stop and tell of their Penton exploits, then they would realize that John Penton was there, you should have seen their faces, it was really neat! We had a pretty steady stream of folks looking at the display.

A big thanks to Ted and Connie del Solar, Rod Gorzny, Ed Youngblood, Al Buehner, Scott Brogan, Bill Smith, Mr. Penton, Jeff Borer, Al Born, and any others that I may have missed for making the display such a success.

One quick story from the Davenport trip, Mr. Penton, AL Buehner, Scott Brogan, Al Born and I traveled together in Scott's crew cab equipped pickup. Al Born brought his harmonica with him and just as soon as anyone would start to doze off he would start to play a lullaby.  You should have seen the expression on Mr. Penton's face when Al started playing that tune when he dozed off, fortunately for us Mr. Penton wasn't driving at the time :D

For you swapmeet hounds, I know that several hard to find Penton items made the trip home with us, along with a few leads on some bikes. The AMCA meets just might start to be a new souce of items.  I know that several of the venders whom I asked about Penton items had some at home and promised to start bringing them along, keep this tip under your hat:D

Paul