Vintage ride in Michigan

Started by wildman, September 26, 2004, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The Vintage ride happened this weekend at Ranch Rudolph, near Traverse City, Mich. 54 miles of rough trail, I have to admit I rode my Suzi RMX, it was not a good trail for vintage bikes. Sandy, real dry powder with lots of knee high whoops. A good turnout of vintage bikes for show, my 1975 250 CC took third place behind an original 791 mi. Yankee Z 500 (two OSSA 250 cylinders bolted on one crankcase, very rare) and a mint Hodaka 125 Combat Wombat ( last years 1st place, too).A nice KTM 175 took 5th place. Going from 6th place last year to 3rd, I can only attribute it to Mr. JOHN A. PENTON signiture on the front number plate, gained at septembers POG meeting. People really noticed it and asked about him and how I got it. I won a real nice engraved glass jar with "Capital Chapter 2004 Vintage Ride Third Place". I have been really primping and originalifing(my word) the bike for this show, now I want to ride the thing. The number plate goes on my shop wall, otherwise its time to get it dirty.  Thanks to Mr.JP, Al B. and Bob Wardlow and all the nice people in POG. Dan Pagel

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

rob w

Dan,

Good show! Thanks for representing us well. I'm going to have to take a class in time management. Hopefully next time both of us will be riding and showing. Keep it up and pretty soon you'll start a chain reaction.

Bob