Looking for photos of restored 72 Six Days

Started by cubfan1968, September 18, 2004, 11:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I'm in the process of restoring a 1972 Penton Six Days. My problem is I have no pictures of what it looked like brand new. I would appreciate it if the group could e-mail some pictures of their bikes so I would have a goal to shoot for. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Rocket

Rod
I sent you an email through this site.
Rocket

firstturn

Rod,
  Is that a 73 or 72?  What is the frame number.  Just thought Travis' bike was a 72.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

Thanks for the replay Ron. Travis told me a 73 and the ebay ad said 73. But when I checked it was a 72. I'm just getting in to the process and I have alot to learn.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

Rod,
  I just want you to know that we(POG) care and for some reason I thought it was a '72.  Now if I could just remember which way to turn the petcock on my tank to turn the gas on[:o)].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Rod W.

The biggest visible cosmetic difference between the two is that most 73's you'll see have white plastic fenders instead of the aluminum fenders that came on the 72's.
 And since it's easier to find a pail full of four leaf clovers than it is correct looking aluminum fenders, you may end up using white plastic fenders anyway.
 I have two 72's I would love to begin re-doing but I tell myself, why even start if I can't have the correct fenders.

Rod, Do you know how to tell the difference between a "frame breather" '73 model, and a "seat breather" '72 model ?

Go Cubs!

Rocket

Rob
Aluminum fenders may be available in the next few months.  I removed my originals off of my 72 and sent them to CA to be reproduced.  I'll post when they become available.
Rocket

Lew Mayer

Who might have aluminum fenders (reasonable)to fit a Mudlark. I'm not worried about being dead-on correct just the radii to fit properly. The trialers just don't look as good with plastic fenders.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Gavin Housh

Rocket, don't send anything to CA. We're all money grubing castor sniffers out here.[xx(][8D]

Rocket

Gavin
Actually I sent them to North Carolina to a friend and he sent him to someone in CA that he deals with.  Should be hearing something about them soon.
Rocket

Gavin Housh

Rocket, Just kidding. Sounds really cool. I also have a 72 but for the reasons that were mentioned before I'm running the yellow or white plastic. Plus mine is a racer and it tends to get dumped once in a while. I'm sure everyone would like to see some good resolution pics of the finished fenders. Good luck. G man.