125 penton

Started by Rain Man, October 01, 2004, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

I know in the earlier years, the 125 six day was the most common Penton. Were the 125's less common through the later years?  I just never seem to see many parts for sale for the 125's on E bay from 1974 through 1977

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Dennis Jones

Raymond,

I am not an expert but this is what I know. The 75 & 76 Sachs engine bikes had laydown rear shocks and the D series engine. Sheriff Ron has polled this group and I think has found less than a dozen. Very rare bike. The 77 and up KTM engine bikes used the same bottom end as the larger engines with a 125 top. I am told they were pretty doggy thus not popular. Also rare bikes. My brother and I have a 79 125 very near completion that we hope to ride the C/C at Casey in two weeks. Jamie was going to ride it but broke both thumbs at a modern MX last week so it looks like I will ride it by default. I should know a lot more about it then. If you do a search there is a pretty lengthy thread about the 75 bikes.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Rain Man

Thanks Dennis, It just seems ironic, as popular and affordable as the early 6 day were, that the later models are nowhere to be seen.   Of Course, given a choice Ithink the 250's and 400's fly and probably were much more competitive.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons