MC5 Parts Needed

Started by Knute, September 28, 2004, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

I am currently restoring a 1977 250 MC5 for the upcoming AMA museum exhibit "American Motocross" and need the following parts:

Metzeler Motocross 3.00X21 front tire.

Metzeler Motocross 4.50X18 rear tire.

Magura Grips.  The '77 and '78 bikes have a funky 6 sided grip that says "ERGONOMIC 65" in small writing.

Pipe end cap.

I know these are some tough items but any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kent Knudson

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

DKWRACER

Hello Kent! I have a used but VGC front and can send you a JPEG...can bring to the RR in Tulsa or send if needed...Andy @ ACE Exhaust is building me a direct repo of a 76 400 pipe that should have the twin spring end cap as well,if thats the one you need, he might be able to repop one for you...
281 578-5992
Adios...Tom....
[email protected]
Thomas Brosius

Don Roth

Kent,
Just snagged a front wheel/tire combo on ebay, appears to
be a decent Metzeler, it is yours if 'up to snuff'
-don

Kip Kern

Kent

Have you tried Matt at Speed and Sport, C.A? I had a chance to buy 1200 NOS Metzelers a few years back (Flint Indian Auction) but passed (very stupid at $5 a tire!) But they eventually ended up at the West coast.;)  If not, try Vintage Mtrs, (Don I.) C.A.,  as they have NOS Barums and are actually soft!  The barums are correct period tires.

DKWRACER

Hello Kent! I have a used but VGC front and can send you a JPEG...can bring to the RR in Tulsa or send if needed...Andy @ ACE Exhaust is building me a direct repo of a 76 400 pipe that should have the twin spring end cap as well,if thats the one you need, he might be able to repop one for you...
281 578-5992
Adios...Tom....
[email protected]
Thomas Brosius

Don Roth

Kent,
Just snagged a front wheel/tire combo on ebay, appears to
be a decent Metzeler, it is yours if 'up to snuff'
-don

Kip Kern

Kent

Have you tried Matt at Speed and Sport, C.A? I had a chance to buy 1200 NOS Metzelers a few years back (Flint Indian Auction) but passed (very stupid at $5 a tire!) But they eventually ended up at the West coast.;)  If not, try Vintage Mtrs, (Don I.) C.A.,  as they have NOS Barums and are actually soft!  The barums are correct period tires.

Knute

Tom and Don,  Thanks for the offers.  I'm going to hold out for a little while longer and try to find some NOS tires but if the due date starts getting close I'll be calling!  Tom, if the end cap turns out nice please let me know.[:p]

Kip, Thanks for the lead.  I haven't bugged Matt for a while, so I'll give him a call.  He might have a lead on the grips also.

Thanks again!
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

herman

Kent, Call Lake cycle in Grand Haven Michigan and ask for Ralph he is the owner and he has some of the nos met. tires yet.If you need the number e-mail me. Herm

Herm
Herm

Mike Lenz

Kent, Cant help you on what your needing, however I have a show quality 77 mc-5 to use if you wind up needing it. Its just sitting in my shed! It was the one in the tent in the Penton VMD 2000 display.
Mike

Mike OReilly

I've got a NOS "ergonomic" grip. Unfortunately, RHS only, but would be pleased to donate it to the cause.
Let me know, and I will get it off to you.
Mike

Knute

Herm, I talked to Ralph but he said he didn't have any Metzelers.  Thanks for the tip though, it was worth a try.

ML,  I'm glad to hear you still have the MC5.  I was afraid you might have lost it in the fire.  I think you need bring it back to Mid-Ohio next year and let us all drool on it again[:p].  We missed you this year!

MOR,  That's perfect!  Believe it or not, Gary Roach, who is performing a large portion of the restoration, has a NOS left grip!  I'll e-mail you with my address, etc.

Also, I still need a nice Metzeler 4.50X18 rear tire if anyone hears about one.

Thanks again for all of your responses!
Kent

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings