What's with anniversary model?

Started by bobrammer, October 04, 2004, 06:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrammer

I presume some of you have seen the Penton anniversary model on e-bay.  What's the hot scoop on this model?  Looks like a Husky 125 to me.  :)Larry, my apologies for saying the "E" word!!!  Thanks,  RGR

firstturn

Bob,
  My opinion.  It is not an Anniversary model nor is it a enduro model.  It does have a Husky pipe and as Larry has already stated it was built from left over Wassels that Penton couldn't sell.  I may stand to be correct by the experts.[8]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Having once owned a 1977 Woodsman, I might shead some light on this matter. Ron and Larry were both correct on everything they said. The "Woodsman" was fitted with a Husqvarna pipe. The one I owned and the other that I have seen came with a round decal (sticker) on one of the side panels that states "1977 Anniversary Edition" Not sure if they really called it an Anniversary Model or they just put the Anniversary decals on them. The title for the one I had listed it as a 1977 model. I can't prove that, because the title was lost in the mail. I was told by one of the more senior members that they took left over parts to make up the Woodsman and the others. One could have a cast Iron cylinder and another could have an Aluminum cylinder. The one I owned ahd the 152cc Kit installed. I don't know if it was done before it was sold, or after.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

bobrammer RGR you made me laugh.  Thanks!

Sorry if I came on too strong.  I like the Bay just think people should hunt there for the bikes not look here to be alerted.  And of course just my opinion.

Larry P[8D]

robbersroost1

It doesn't get any better, knowledge for the Woodsman is growing. History is judging and there demanding lots of cash and new homes ( like in the POG) Keep asking this is one of the bikes that gets better with age. Check out Sept. in the Penton calendar 2005!

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

Paul Danik

Even though the Woodsman was a very limited edition model, there was a piece of sales literature created for it by Matt Weisman at Penton Imports.  I have made copies of the single page item and will be glad to mail one to anyone who may be interested in one.  If you would like one email me at [email protected] with your address. Please mention Woodsman in the title so I know it's OK to open the email.
Paul

desmond197

I have a Woodsman with a 152 kit. The bike works well with the improved forks and Koni shocks. It is kind of like Pentons version of the Bultaco Alpina which is a great bike and lots of fun in the woods. Another case of too little too late. My bike has a larger tank than most of the Woodsman bikes I have seen and it is more comfortable than the smaller tank for trail riding.

alandspeed

How do you read the serial number on these bikes?  No one really knows how they came being parts bikes?  What was the production figure? Thanks