jackpiner slide

Started by Glenn Berry, October 06, 2004, 07:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Berry

Does anyone have, or have info. on a slide for a stock bing carb.for a 72 jackpiner. Thanks, Glenn   [email protected]

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Glenn,
I tried to order a new slide from Bing International, for my 73 Jackpiner.  They said it was not available if I needed the one without the notch on the bottom of the slide.  The notch is where the idle screw goes, and as my luck goes, I needed the one without the notch.  They have the ones with the notch, but they won't interchange.  I'm still looking.  Good Luck.

Kip Kern

Glenn, Randy  The 30mm slide available from Bing will fit OK but you can't use the carb idle screw as there is a window cut where the screw contacts the slide, therefore, no idle (who cares) use the idle screw on the Magura throttle.  I have one of these in my Jackpiner now and will be testing it out in a day or so.  Also, I just figured out that the 28mm, 30mm, and 32mm Bing slide interchange (same size) so if you are really hurting, do like I did and get the original fitting slide from a good 28 or 32.  I still want to see if the new slide works (curious) but I'll keep the new 28mm slide for standby![:p]

Kip Kern

New "goofy" 30mm slide works great!  Throttle screw works for idle and no need for a choke.  I think I'll run it at Tulsa and see what happens;)  Devil hates a coward!

Glenn Berry

Kip, Thanks for the info. Looking forward to hear how it works in Tulsa. Glenn

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Kip Kern

"Goofy" slide works great!  No idle unless you have a thumb screw on the Magura but who needs idle, didn't have a choke but you don't need it either with a tickler.  Started 1st kick each day using the new MZB ignition @ 2.3 BTDC (Dane L.) and had a blast all weekend. # 30 Pilot Jet, 145 Main, 2.76 Needle Jet, Needle on 2nd clip from top, #1 Needle, Air Screw out 2 turns.  30mm Bing on 175cc Jackpiner.  Tulsa OK @ 833' above sea level same as Indiana:D  CIAO