400 mint airbox to carb rubber

Started by chicagojerry, October 23, 2004, 10:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi folks, i'm trying to find a rubber connector that goes from the airbox to the carb for a 75 400 mint. the carb that was on it when i bought it was a lectron which isn't legal. when i went to mount the bing the bell on the bing is a lot smaller than the lectron's so the existing connector is way too large..    any help or suggestions? i would like to try to ride it next weekend at the ky ahrma nat'l
also, any one from around columbia sc coming to ky? i need to have a penton picked up there. would be willing to discuss finances.
 thanks,    chicago jerry

Dave Withrow

Jerry,
 I've got a couple of used ones, but I think Al B has some new remakes.  Might give him a try.

Big Mac

Chi-Jer,
A lot of those boots for later model Pen/KTMs are hard to come by and Buehner Supply probably won't have them, at least not the last time I talked to Al. Try the parts list at //www.ozktm.com. There's a guy down there--Brad--in Australia who's remade virtually every rubber part on Penton/KTM's. I bought the boot for 38Bing to Alum airbox for $15 USD, which included shipping...a deal. Takes a couple of weeks to get through the mail. Specify the carb make and size, and whether you have old "large-mouth" fiberglass airbox, aluminum airbox or the later 70s plastic airbox. Good luck.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR