Air Filter info for Wassell

Started by 3putt, November 05, 2004, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

Have need for stock air filters for Wassell.  Where can I find them ? What have the other owners been using if stock not available. Thanks and regards,   Nelson

wnm

Kip Kern

Nelson,   Check a British parts supplier, the screw on filter element assembly is available from most of them.  The filter assembly screws on top of the air box.

3putt

Kip, Thanks for the direction on parts, but I'm looking for the FOAM FILTER ELEMENT.   Maybe the Brit Parts Supplier can help me there also.   Will take measurement and start a search.  If anybody else has ideas, would be interested to hear your thoughts.  THANKS!  Nelson

wnm

Dennis Jones

Nelson,

On my competition bike I'm using a UNI foam pod filter part #UP-4182. Remove the whole filter assembly from the airbox and clamp the pod onto the threaded portion of the airbox. The filter will stick up higher than the frame but that is OK. When you put the seat back on it compresses the filter slightly and holds everything in place. I've been using this for the last 3 years with no problems. Hope this helps.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones