octane rating

Started by Mike Horton, November 13, 2004, 12:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Horton

Will I have any problems running 91 octane gas in a 1973 Jackpiner? This is the highest available easily in California. The owner I ch   am getting the bike from (Ohio) said he thinks the gas there is 92 or 93 octane and hasn't had any problems. He used Golden Spectro premix at 50:1 which I plan to continue doing.

OUCWBOY

I live in CA and the 91 will work fine. I run Golden Spectro at 40:1, and it smokes some, but growing up with the recommended ratio was 20:1, I guess I'm just a little on the careful side.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Doug Wilford

MIKE;   I HAPPENED TO SEE OLLIE MARTIN TODAY AND HE SAID THAT THE 175 WAS RUNNING SO GOOD HE ALMOST CHANGED HIS MIND ABOUT  SELLING IT.    YOU HAVE PURCHASED A GOOD MOTORCYCLE.   OLLIES CLOSE FRIEND IS ONE OF THE PAST PENTON SERVICE MANAGERS AND HE HELPS OLLIE OUT WHEN EVER THERE IS A NEED.   GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.   I THINK HE SAID HE SHIPPED IT YESTERDAY.

Paul Danik

Hey Doug,
  Was that the bike that Ollie was letting guys run through the swamp at the Meadowlarks track the other day?:D  Another Penton being shipped from Amherst, Ohio to Cal., interesting how history repeats itself.
  Good luck with your Jackpiner Mike.
Paul

Doug Wilford

Don't worry Mike, Paul was awarded a table lamp one time without a chain to turn it on.    Because he is always pulling someones chain.  Have no fear about that rumor, but watch out for any retaliation that may come from this posting.

john durrill

Mike,
 If you do have problems from the local Gas you can add an extra base gasket and that will cure the problem. Thats another great thing KTM did . Each Gasket kit comes with several base gaskets of different thickness 's. Add one to give you .010 or .020 more deck height and you should have no problems at all.
John D.