dkw info

Started by don howard, November 17, 2004, 08:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don howard

Hi Leo Keller,   need some info about DKW 125cc Boondocker w/chrome tank, as to the year? #428002379 frame w/a six speed trans. thanks Don Howard

john durrill

Don,
 you might go to the members list , click on the L's and from his name you can e-mail him direct. If your a Vinduro member you can post it on their board . He checks that one often. He is in law enforcement in Germany and some times is slow to respond.
hope this is a help
John D.

don howard

John Durrill, Thanks again did send a email to Leo Keller, thanks  DonHoward

Leo Keller

Hi Don,
als John said. I'm not often on the POG forum.
Here is what you want to know:
your 428002379 was produced on Aug. 28 1972 as one of 90. They did not build 90 bikes that day, but that date was the "official" production date when they gave the vins to the bikes.

Does that help?
I would be happy to have a photo for my archive

Leo Keller

Rain Man

Hi Don, If your interested or neeed, I do have a few odds and ends kicking around for Dkw motorcycles.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

Hi Don, If your interested or neeed, I do have a few odds and ends kicking around for Dkw motorcycles.  Leo I got a picture I can send of my 125 Sachs, if I can figure out how ...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

don howard

Hi Raymond.   Thanks for the offer on the DKW, iam sure i will need some parts as this bike was badly neglected as i get into it , will see. thanks Don Howard

3putt

Hi Raymond, I have what I'm told is a 70 or 71 DKW.  I believe it needs some side covers, or the rubber wrap around the air box that I have seen on several later bikes.  Do you have anything like this or any spare shocks front or rear.  May also need a few other items but need to confirm this.  If available and you wish to sell, please contact me at [email protected] ,subject DKW.  Thanks and Regards,    Nelson

wnm

Rain Man

Jon I do have that rap around cover under the seat, I think its in so-so shape. I have shocks,there useable but worn.  I'll e mail you whenI get home tonight.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons