fiberglass gas tank

Started by gary ponce, November 28, 2004, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary ponce

I have a penton org. fiberglass gas tank that was completely jel coated , restored and refinished . After about half way through the first vintage MX season I noticed fuel seeping through the lower part of the tank. Does anyone know if there is a product that you can use (slush material) on the fiberglas interior of the tank to seal pinholes without restoring the exterior again?

Thanks,
GPonce

gary ponce
gary ponce

firstturn

Gary,
  I will give you the name and number of a  Friend that is who I recommend for the tank coating as well as painting side cover/number plates as well as tanks.
Ed James
Kerrville,Tx
Call him during normal work hours Monday thru Friday (9:00 to 4:00)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

vmx1963

I've got a similar problem with seepage (and no, it's not due to excess beer).  Is fiberglass resin an option?  I was going to clean out the tank with solvent and then pour in some resin and keep turning the tank to coat the inside until the resin cures.

Would this end up being one of those "Doh!" experiences? [xx(]

VMX1963
Western Australia
//www.vmxktm.net

firstturn

vmx1963,
  The main problem I have seen is the person doing the turning either gets tired of turning or forgets to turn the tank so most times the job is never finished properly.  The person I recomended has a machine that does the turning at different speeds(really) and makes a nice job.  He is the person I use for my tanks so thats all I can say.:).

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gary ponce

gary ponce