York swap meet

Started by Lew Mayer, January 13, 2005, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

The first York Swap Meet is this Sunday the 16th. Put on by Potomac Vintage Riders. This the one the AMA dropped at the last minute last year. Potomac Vintage Riders stepped in and saved it at the 11th hour. Hope to see some of you guys there. Paul, you gonna make the trip?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Lew,
   I plan on being there.  I have 1 1/2 250 WR Huskies already in the trailer and have a couple of project 125 CMF Pentons to still load up. In typical York tradition it is supposed to be realllly cold.  Looking forward to seeing you guys. Lee said he is going and I think Bob Gilman ought to be there.
Paul

Lew Mayer

If you have any aluminum rear rims, I'm looking for one.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

3putt

Paul, I was exchanging messages with a fellow from NJ that was expecting to be in York with a Tyran project bike.  I had interest but it has been replaced by something with more priority.  If you have interest in seeing it I have several photos that I can send along to you.  He is asking $500.  Advise if you want the photos please.

wnm

Paul Danik

Nelson,

I would be interested in seeing those pictures, I have a weakness for any Sachs powered machines.  I hope to arrive with a full truck and trailer so I can't haul anything new home unless I sell something, I work best under pressure:D  Are you coming to York?

Last year they had a miniature steam powered exposition in  another building at the same time as the swapmeet.  They had miniature remote controled steamboats putting around a large pond that they built in the building.  The guys running them wore period clothes and hats, it was really neat. Those little boats were just a chuggung away as they moved across the water. The had mini operating oil wells, farm engines and all kinds of neat stuff. We might just have to check it out again this year.  

Lots to see and do!!
Thanks Nelson.
Paul

Kip Kern

Paul  I have the same weakness for Sachs powered machines, that is why I bought a Rokon, they are really cool with no selector key!  Rik Smits and Jim McCabe are heading out that way for the swap Saturday am.  I backed out due to a lot of engine work, I need the time in the shop to get 8 engines finished:D

Paul Danik

The swapmeet is actually on Sunday, I think the doors open for admission at 8am.  I am sure it will be quite a drive for them, it takes me 4 hours and I am already an hour east of the Ohio line.   Tell them the Harley factory is a stones throw from the swapmeet and they used to be open for Saturday tours, after seeing your Penton assembly line they may be disappointed in the Harley tour:D  
Paul