Steel tanker top-end

Started by clayman, December 22, 2004, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

Is there any reason a top end off my 1971 steel tanker won't work on a 125/6B bottom end? The ignition cover with the ID plate is missing on the steel tanker's motor, so I'm not sure if it's a 5A or 6A motor?

By the way, I have a small 1969-70 seat for sale and other misc. items and, after seeing what Donny's seat went for on eBay, I may go the same route, although I'd prefer to see it go to a fellow POGer. I have a couple sets of forks for sale, also, including one set of triple clamps, and two airboxes.

Thanks,
Clay
[email protected]

firstturn

Clay,
  If the top end is alloy it will fit.  I say this because you are saying it is a 1971, but I don't that it is?  The difference between the 5A and 6A is the 5A has five speeds not counting neutral[:o)] and the 6A has six speeds.  I will trust that you know how to determine this on your own.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rcrump1

Clay;
I am looking for a top triple clamp for my '70 model 125. I will e-mail you directly.
Richard

Lew Mayer

Ron, do you count all the neutrals or just the one between 1st and 2nd?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew[V]Bubba,
  You know that like Santa Claus, John gets reports on who talks bad about the subject of neutrals:(.  I wouldn't stand around the stocking waiting too long for anything.  I think you will probably get some chalk and a board to do some serious writting over the Holidays.

Lets see  5A=5+1neutral 6A&B=6+1neutral again 5A=5+1neut........
50 times should be a good start[8D].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Darn, I almost made it to Christmas this year without being bad. Oh well, maybe next year. 5A=5+1 neutral,6A/B=6+1 neutral.............
Sorry, Sister Mary Ron.
Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

You are a Bad Boy, but you are the Champ and a great Friend.  Does Dennis know about that guy you paid to cut all this vines down and throw on the track?  Just didn't know if you had fested up yet?[}:)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh