Can anyone I.D. the year of my six-day???

Started by niknik, December 28, 2004, 11:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niknik

Hi all,

I'm new to this group, but an old timer when it comes to Penton\KTM. My first bike was a 125 six day. I was told it was "probably" a 1976 model by the original owner I bought it from back in 1978. I no longer have the bike (have been searching for it for years) but I remember quite a few details from all the time I put into it in Maintenance. It had a high breather frame and a 125-6C sachs engine. I am not 100% sure, but I could SWEAR that the ISDT on the green tank was actually spelled out: "International Six Day Trials". I have yet to see another one since (been looking all over the internet) that actually spelled it out, as most just abbreviate it. I currently have two 1973 six days and although the tank and number plates are very close (Green tank, green nd yellow plates, and small "Penton" on tank), the tank still doesn't have the correct full spelling, the frame is not a high breather, and the motors are not 6C's.

Has anyone seen a six day like I am describing and have any idea what year this bike could be?

Any help by those who are much more schooled in the Penton ways would be appreciated.

Thanks

firstturn

Niknik,
  Penton(KTM) stopped producing the green tank 125 in 1974/5.  The very last of the 125's had a long travel rear suspention and had SIX DAY 125 ON THE TANK OR THE BIG BANNER PENTON across it.  I have never seen a C engine so you have me stumped on that one.  These(1973/4/5) bikes where frame breathers.  If you have any pictures of your old bike send it to me or email a copy to me at the following:

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Hi NikNik, welcome to the Penton Owners Group,

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons