New ignition system

Started by cubfan1968, November 12, 2004, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I would like to install a new ignition system on my 125 6 day. What does the menbership recommend as the best alternative to the motoplat. Ease of installation is a factor here.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

john durrill

Rod i would go with the new MZ-B ignition. I know its been used by the Herc Group in Germany for 2 years now and has held up well.
Here is a short cut to the 2 ignitions now offered as replacements for the motoplats.
http://pentonpartsusa.com/electronicignitions.htm
John D.

Kip Kern

Ditto on the MZ-B, I installed one on my "72" Jackpiner that I ran at Tulsa and it worked fantastic.  Always started on 1 full kick, the lighting was bright and consistent , the power was perfect.  Installation was so simple I couldn't believe it.  Excellent replacement for the moto"splat";)

Rain Man

ya and the bike will start when its left out all night in 19 degrees weather, and get this, it won't foul the plug !![8D]. Next week will try the snow test !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

cubfan1968

I listened to the group and just ordered the MZ-B today. Looking foward to getting it. Thanks for the feed back. :) Now if someone would just locate me some aluminum fenders.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)