Penton Day At The AMA

Started by Admin, January 07, 2005, 08:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The Penton Day At The AMA will be held Saturday, February 5, 2005.  The Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum is located on the grounds of the AMA in Pickerington, Ohio.  Doors open at 9am and the meeting will start at 10am.  Remember that 2005 is the "Year of the Jackpiner". If you have a Penton Jackpiner, the POG would like to see you bring it to this very important once a year event, whether it's a original or a restoration project.  Sometimes the barnfresh project bikes draw as much attention as the restorations!

*************** NEWS FLASH *************** NEWS FLASH *************
POG members and Vintage racers Gary Roach & Toni Proffer will be tying the knot (that's right, getting married) at Penton Day at AMA in the Museum.  According to AMA officials, a wedding has never been performed in the Museum.  If you know Gary & Toni and would like to show your support for them, they would love to have you attend their wedding.  The wedding will take place late afternoon.

The Marriott Fairfield Inn @ 614-864-4555 offers the best deal at $59.00 per night +tax for a single or double. Just be sure to mention that you want the AMA rate when you call or checkin. The Country Inn Suites @ 614-861-8888 has singles @ $59.00 and doubles @ $69.00 +tax, again ask for the AMA rate.  Both motels are very close to the AMA headquarters and museum.

Here is a link to more near by accomodations and directions to the museum:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/museum/hours.asp

There are a number of restaurants in the area. Once again Buehner Supply is providing the pizza and soft drinks for lunch at the museum. No need to leave for the entire day!!!

2005, THE YEAR OF THE JACKPINER!!!

baxtermcc

Is there anyone coming to Penton Day at the AMA who will be going through St. Louis and have room to haul a bike?

Thanks,
Bob McCullough

Paul Danik

In case you haven't noticed the NEWS FLASH that was added to the main topic above, we have some really great news. A little background information is called for here so just bear with me!!! About a week ago I was talking to Toni Proffer and she mentioned that she and Gary Roach were going to get married on the Friday before the Feb. POG meeting, they were then planning on attending the POG meeting on Sat. at the AMA museum.  Toni mentioned that she and Gary were going to a local justice to get married, pretty much just the two of them.  I suggested that they wait a day and get married at the POG meeting with all of their POG family in attendance to wish them well, after some discussion and planning they agreed to be married at the meeting:D
    It is interesting to note that Toni's picture was on the front cover of the latest POG newsletter standing with her father and their Penton while Gary's father is pictured on his Penton on the back of the newsletter, kinda like an omen of things to come!!!
    The plan is for the wedding to take place later in the afternoon, maybe around 3pm. According to Mark Mederski, the museum director, this will be the first wedding to take place in the museum, rack up another first for Team Penton:D  Toni mentioned that tuxes are out and Penton jerseys are in for the occasion.  I called Mr. Penton yesterday to inform him of the wedding plans and he was really pleased and excited, as we all are.
    Isn't this great!!!!  Hope to see you there.
Paul

Tony Price

Congratulations Gary and Toni!

It's a bit far for me to make the event, but I wish you well and will be thinking about you on the 5th.

Tony
Tony

tlanders

Great news Gary and Toni!!! It is too far for Rosemary and me to come also, but we will be there with you in spirit. May God bless your marriage and we pray that the two of you will enjoy the rest of your lives together.

Teddy and Rosemary

Admin

Thanks to Bob Wardlow for submitting this photo of Gary and Toni taken at the VMD MX races in 2004: