Aluminum fenders wanted

Started by Mike Berrington, October 11, 2004, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Berrington

Any word on a source for front and rear aluminum fenders for an early Jackpiner?

Thanks

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

bkinnon

I will take 3 sets as soon as they are available. Still have one original front fender, but it is showing it's age.
Bill MacKinnon
Minot, Maine
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Rocket

I sent my original fenders to a gentleman in California and he used my set to make exact copies for the fiberglass tanked bikes.  I'm not sure what he will charge, but here is his phone number. 760-744-8052
This is John at Vintage Husky.
Rocket

rcrump1

Would these fenders be the same as on the steel tank bikes? If anyone calls please post response.
Thanks
Richard

Rocket

Fenders are not the same for the steel tank bikes and fiberglass tank bikes.
Rocket

rcrump1

Thanks Rocket. I have wondering about that. Do you know what the differences are?
Richard

Rocket

Bill
The rear fender for the fiberglass model is shorter, ends at the top of the airbox.  The steeltanker has a real long rear fender that, I believe goes from the swingarm all the way back.  Front fender, I am not sure of the differences.  Kip Kern, or Ron Carbaugh can probably tell you forsure.
Rocket

rob w

Has anyone followed up on Rockets lead? I'll try to call him (John) today. These parts are something I've needed, and have held up the works for years now. Both for steeltank and CMF. We just need to find the right door to open, and go open it.

I'm willing to trade some nice old Keeping Track issues or cash or both for a set of good used original aluminum fenders, either steeltank or CMF.
Thanks,
Bob

Rocket

Rob/Bob
The fenders that have been reproduced are excellent copies.  I believe they will be expensive, but like you've said, you've been looking for a long time.
Congratulations on becoming a "cover" guy!!
Rocket

cubfan1968

I've called John about the fenders. They are $250 for the set.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tlanders

I purchased a new set of original aluminum fenders for my steel tanker to pretty it up before the 30th ISDT reunion ride in 2003. I was SO disappointed to find the rear fender to be too short - it ends at the top of the air box. Because of this discussion, I now know why. I did mount the fenders before the Masachussettes fun fest. However, I would be happy to trade the short rear fender for a long one if anyone has one. I got these fenders from a guy cleaning out his barn a couple years ago. He posted the list on the POG site and I was lucky to get the NOS Carl Cranke hare scrambler pipe (which transformed my hare scrambler into a fire breathing dragon) and the AL fenders.

Teddy

Rocket

Teddy
I would be willing to buy the fender, I have nothing to trade at this time.  I'm kind of looking for fenders for my steeltanker also.
Rocket