'75 Mint 400 side covers

Started by dirtymartini, January 11, 2005, 08:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtymartini

Does anyone know the correct colors for the side covers on a '75 mint 400? Right now the exhaust side is blue with yellow on the number plate area and the airbox cover side (left) is white with yellow on the number plate area. I don't need a paint code I just want to know what came from the factory. Thanks for all the help everyone has given so far on this project, I've been waiting 25 years to get this bike away from my brother!

Rocket

White backrounds with yellow number plate area.
Rocket

tlanders

If you are going to race it in AHRMA (with the top of the rear shocks in the upper hole) in the Vintage class, the number plate will need to be white. If you race it in the post vintage class (with the shocks in lay down position), the number plate will need to be yellow.

Teddy

dirtymartini

Ok, I know I'm geting off topic now, but I have a question about AHRMA rules. I think I would like to try Vintage racing;what class does my 75 Mint 400 fit into? I was reading on AHRMA's web site and it looks like they have a post vintage '75-'77?

Thanks,
Paul

wildman

If you set your 75 400 to 7"travel forks and rear shocks at 4", you should be able to run vintage class but you must get it verified at tech inspection. You might run a search here on "ahrma" because I ran into this with my 75 250, received a reply from them and I posted it here.Have fun! Dan Pagel

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125