seat

Started by tmc3c, February 07, 2005, 06:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Does anyone have the problem of there seat not breathing ? After and when I ride my seat goes flat and won't fill back out.I have thought of cutting a hole in my seat pan which is aluminum but I don't want to weaken the seat pan.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

This is not a good sign for me that nobody hasn't had this problem,this only leaves me having to BIG of a behind ! Time to push away from the table.:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thomas....I only have 2 words......Jenny Craig.....just kidding.

Sound like your foam has given up. Is it original? If so, I'd consider a rebuild. I use Rick Ticknor for my seat work...He's in the North-West area. I can provide contact info if you need it.

Again.....just kidding about Jenny Craig.

Steve
Steve Minor

swamp fox

TC,
I didn't want to say what you did,;) but at least you are riding. Between work, the holidays, Honey do's, and helping Mom and Mother-in-law, I've had my projects on hold.:( I am definately getting that shed built so I can retreat to my "Penton Place" and work into the wee hours and not disturb anyone.[}:)]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Kip Kern

TC, Most of the seat pans have vent holes in them, I would drill a few if yours doesn't.  As mentioned earlier, your foam may have died!

tmc3c

It is a new seat done by Rick.New foam and I would send it back out to Rick but he is way out and that would mean I would have to stop riding on the days I get off from work,which is acting as my Jenny Craig.You never know how much a fat boy can sweat while fighting a 250 through the woods.:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Finally got around to taken the seat off and found all air holes were blocked by what I think was a base of glue that was laid before adding the new foam.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler