REPLACEMENT SHOCK SUGGESTION?

Started by penton117, July 03, 2001, 11:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hi fellow poggers,

Can anyone give me an idea of a good quality but vintage-looking, replacement shock for my 1974 125cc 6 day. What is the correct length? Thanks for ideas.

Kip Kern

Try CR High performance, "Progressive Suspension" series 14 OEM shocks, 13" length for riders or "Hagon", from Dave Quinn on the East coast for museum pieces.  Hagon bought Girling out and make the same shock as Girling did.  Either will set you back $150-$175 a pair with springs!

penton117

Thanks for the help Kip! As always the poggers come through . . .

tlanders

I bought the Hagon shocks last year for my 1971 steel tank 6 day and they were no good. They were so fragile that they bent while installing them. Also, they did not have the correct bushings for my 6 day. I ended up spended many hours trying to adapt them before they bent. I replaced them with the Progressive Suspension shocks from Charlie Richardson at CR High Performance. They work very well. DON'T BUY HAGONS!!!!!

Chris Brown

WORKS PERFORMANCE is the only one to use IF you plan to ride it. If you buy the steel body shock the springs are black, so they look fine. Cost is high, however they are rebuildable and work well for racing and riding, IMO.
I had them on my Jackpiner and it was actually ridable.
Chris