I may be crazy but....50cc SACHS?

Started by Chakka, February 24, 2005, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

I was just parusing Ebay and saw a NOS 50cc SACHS engine. Im thinkling about Europeans on thier 50cc enduro bikes. There is a picture on the Italian site with a 50cc ISDT KTM. That could be a very cool conversion (not that I have any desire to hustle a tiny 50cc though the New England woods)

Chris

farmer58za

Chris
Go onto the Southwest Montesa site and look at the picture gallery.
75cc Enduro
//www.southwestmontesa.com

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS175
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

Chakka

Very cool David!
In the mid 80's I looked at a Fantic 80cc Enduro and considered buying it. I've always liked small bore bikes, Ive never ridden anything bigger than a 175. Now that I am older my opinions have changed a bit. My third and last Penton project will be either a 175 or a 250. I want to be able to twist the throttle and have the ft wheel come right up. The goal ride with less effort.

Chris

bentrims

Thanks for sharing that site Rob. Very cool.
Tom B

peter kane

Really cool!  I bet it sounds like an angry chain saw, or a weed whacker on steriods.:D

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

rob w

If you've never seen this site, you've got to check it all out.
In 'Hersteller', go to 'Herc/Sachs', there's a shot of Speedy get'n-it-on circa 1964.
Then further down; A picture of Doug Wilford riding the Herc/Sachs ****el at the Isle of Man.
That reminds me of a moment from the last VMD at Mid-Ohio....Doug, Speedy, and I talk'n about ****el's. It's hard to find better company, with more interesting stories than those two. I really appreciate days like those. How many more days 'til that again?
Thanks

Bob

rob w

(((((((((TESTING, ONE, TWO))))))))))
Wow, I guess you can't say ****EL on this site, I wonder why?

****LE........how's that [:0]

Okay, so that's the way you want to be, eh?  Waaankle, or Rotary. [}:)]

:DBob

Mark Annan

It would be a fairly easy conversion too.  The rear motor mounts are the same as the larger 100/125 motors.  A little fabrication for the front mount and away you go.

Mark

firstturn

Actually in the old days, 1970's, there was a conversion kit that maintained the same bottom end and had a different rod,cylinder and piston.  Now if someone hadn't cleaned out the old shop and thrown it out it would have been nice to actualy build one.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Chakka

Rob - Thanks for that link. The KTM on the Italian site is THE BOMB! I wonder if it used a custom frame? It looks like an MC5 style frame with tiny tube diameter. Super cool.

Peter - I have an book of dirtbike tests where they test a Fantic 50cc and the writer said the noise was that of a constant bee-buzz in his head!