Ted & Connie del Solar's 50th Wedding Anniversary

Started by LynnCamp, February 22, 2005, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnCamp

Thanks Bill for letting me know about Ted and Connie's surprise 50th wedding anniversary party.

It was a wonderful shindig and I crashed it as the "official POG representative, roving reporter and photographer". (not because I have any skills in that area....but because I happen to work down the road from Ted and the Pres. didn't want to have to send the Mars Mobile out here)

check out the photos - they are an amazing couple! -- http://www.familynewsroom.com/delsolar

The crowd was super and it was a fantastic opportunity to hear some great stories.  I also got to see a wonderful picture -- posted in a European enduro magazine -- of Ted popping a wheelie coming out of a ditch at the ISDTRR.  But my favorite picture/story was one of "really young" Ted trail riding in the rockies on some huge 10-ton street bike... thank goodness John P. came along with something else for Ted to ride!

(For those of you who don't know about Young Ted -- a good start would be to do a search through the posts or check out the 2003 ISDTRR issue of Trail Rider mag.)

firstturn

Lynn,
  Thanks for the heads up and pictures.  I talked with a couple a weeks ago and not a word.  I appreciate you crashing the party.  Don't you love where they live and they are not in any city.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Happy 50th Connie and Ted!     Thanks Lynn for the coverage.  I didn't have a clue.    Gotta talk to the Marsian about this one.

LynnCamp

Doug -- no good complaining to the Martian (he just blames everything on sunspots!).  It was a huge surprise -- Ted and Connie didn't have a clue and were in a semi-state of shock.

Ron -- Yes - they have an incredibly beautiful piece of property with huge old trees.  It gives you a sense of how beautiful the area was before civilization devoured it!  Speaking of oasis -- don't forget that our office campus is probably the most beautiful acreage in the county!  When are you and the family coming to have lunch with me and Ronald?

tomale

Thanks Lynn for lettting us know, where have you been. We thought that maybe you went off some jump that put you on Mars or something. I had a real nice chat with Ted and his wife at the Reunion Ride... what a treat. Congratuations to the both of you. I hope that I am doing as well as they are when I get to be as young.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

LynnCamp

Good to hear from the Right, Rockin', Revvin' Reverend!  To answer your question... I have been lurking around the site...... but can't really add very much in the way of Penton expertise...... so I stay pretty quiet.

Besides... my perspective is a little warped... For example, when Mike Lenz started a topic "Favorite Penton?".... I was ready to reply "Jeff!!!" (I can't help it if I am jealous that I don't have a "real" Penton... just one of its modern descendents.)

As you have said many times -- this is an incredibly special group.  I am constantly in awe of the collective knowledge of the members and the fascinating stories from Dane, Paul, Al, Ron, Rod, Doug, Ed and so many of the other members. Trust me... I will continue to lurk!

jhardin

john hardin

mx503

In this day and age it's very heartwarming. Alice and I celebrated 26 this year but 50 is awesome! Congratulations from both of us!

Bob Peed
Bob Peed

Dwight Rudder

GO TEDDY AND CONNIE !   Here's to another 50 years !
Dwight & Debbie Rudder

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Smit-Dog

Glad you were able to make it Lynn!

Ted's grand daughter Heather did some internet snooping on Ted's computer, and sent me and a bunch of other guys an e-mail asking for help in spreading the word.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it (exhibiting at Dealer Expo), but dug up my POG member directory, and sent an e-mail to everyone I could find around the Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana area.

50 years of doing anything is quite an accomplishment; 50 years of marriage is simply amazing. Great couple... we could all do well to emulate their spirit and commitment.

- Bill (#2)