Somebody Stop Me!

Started by Swampy, March 02, 2005, 11:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampy

This stuff is just too darn addictive. Some of ya'll know I had a MC5 400 last spring, wound up selling it on Evilbay and doubling my money on it. Ever since then I've been jonesing for another and regretting letting it go!

So here I am, elbow deep in restoring my Suzuki PE400, and what pops on Ebay? A '74 175 (sport model, no lights). Blue tank. Oh My Gaaaawwwwwwdddd! Just what I always wanted! AND it was only a few miles from my house. So i arranged a deal with the guy, he cancelled tha auction and now I have a 175 on my workbench and the PE next to it waiting to be reassembled.

Bike is 100% original, though showing it's age. Runs like a top. It's gonna need paint, a new seat cover, fork seals and rear shocks, and some elbow grease. That's it. Unbelievable. Only real blemish is some bonehead mutilated the pipe by welding (sloppily I might add) a teeny, tiny silencer that doesn't silence too much. So I'll be looking for a pipe soon. Any leads guys?

So if someone can shoot to me where I can see pics of a '74 in stock trim, it'll help me bring her back to the glory day!

Life can be good, 'eh fellas!

Swampy
You ain\\\'t ridin\\\' if the wheel\\\'s ain\\\'t turnin\\\'

Swampy

Oh, and I forgot to add...

It came with a set of forks, two clutch kits, two buckets of miscellaneous parts (levers, harnesses, nuts, bolts, adjusters, etc), plus a complete tranny, and a bottom end, and a head, plus the original manual, plus....

I'm still giddy! Wife doesn't understand, but she'll get over it...

Swampy
You ain\\\'t ridin\\\' if the wheel\\\'s ain\\\'t turnin\\\'

tomale

Swampy, For the most part, wives do not really understand. If you are as fortunate as I, your wife tolerates your Hobby... (addiction):)My wife even comes to the races with me. [8D] When we were first married... a quarter century ago, my wife Lamented over the fact that she never got see me race. That changed about two years ago..Life is good.  
Looks like you have a great project and spares to boot. Good job!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tlanders

I LOVE MY PINER!!!!
I know you'll love yours.

Teddy