NEWSLETTER No.26, Spring '05

Started by rob w, March 08, 2005, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

One of my favorite member benefits is receiving, and reading the "Still...Keeping Track" newsletter. To me, it makes up a big part of the close-knit and personal aura this group represents. It also carrys on the Penton tradition of making one feel like they're "In the loop".

After finally finding the freedom to quietly sit and read the whole thing. I have to say I believe this is an exceptional issue. I thoroughly enjoyed every page!

Thanks to everyone that helped put it together, Paul Danik, Al Born, Alan Buehner, and a standing "O" to Ted Guthrie for contibuting and sharing so much. (11 pages) I really enjoyed reading all of his articles. The "Blackwater 100", "Penton Day at the AMA", and the interview with Mr. Penton.

Ted, I really enjoy your style of writing. Thank you, I appreciated the time I had reading "A Blackwater Saga".

Bob W

wfopete

Ditto. The POG has the good fortune of having members with the right stuff (dedication, talent, resources, pride, respect and commitment) to make this organization the envy of so many others! Never take it for granted what a class act you folks have in the POG.

Peter Petrick

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

crash carden

YES! I must agree with Bob and Peter excellent job by all on the news letter [^]. As always I look forward to every copy. We sure get a lot of bang for our $20.00 bucks a year with our POG membership. The artical on the Blackwater 100 enduro by Ted Guthrie was GREAT! I thought I would read a few lines of it and then finish it later,not the case,I put the coffee pot on, grabed my reading goggles and did not get up "except for a refill" and enjoyed every word of it. Ted you are a great writer with great style! Also Al B. and Speedy did a great job on the Tech Tips page. Hats off to Paul Danik on the Presidents Corner it was great as well,and I am looking forward to the future book on the steel tanker's. Another great idea and way to keep the Penton Sportscycle alive.[^] Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to the POG group you guys make it great! Keep up the good work! :D A special to Al Buehner for his service as President and his great Penton parts supply and fast shipping! I could not have done my Penton restorations with out AL.
  And to think when I decided to get back in to dirt bikes a few years ago I was going to try and find my old 74 Husky 250.Then I found some old pictures of my 73 Jackpiner and realized that the Jackpiner was the best bike I ever owned,and it reminded me of how much I truly loved those old Penton's. Then I found the POG website and on the for sale board was a 73 Jackpiner and it turned out to be my old bike with the title still in my name,and only 25 miles from my home.:D Needless to say its been one big PENTON love affair ever since.Dreams do come true!I now own 6 Penton's,3 complete and 3 projects. Thank You POG! [8D]
 Crash Carden - GO TEAM PENTON!