1st Penton race in Gainesville

Started by Mick Milakovic, March 09, 2005, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi all,
I just want to say "thanks" to everyone who helped me get my 250 Hare Scrambler finally up and running in time for Gainesville.  My results were mixed, but overall I was very pleased with the way it ran.  It has some rattles and vibrations that I'm not used to, but I'm sure the bike will only get better.  

Gatorback was my first vintage race ever, and I only rode the bike for 5 minutes before practice!  I broke a rubber pipe mount in moto one, but other that that it was flawless.  I finished 7th out of 18 in +50 INT and 17th out 24 in Sportsman 250 INT.  Those guys are fast!  

Thanks again to Gary Ellis and Lew Mayer for their mechanical skills, H & H KTM, Al Beuhner, Larry Perkins, and Dennis Degonia for parts, and countless others from this message board who offered advice and encouragement.  See you at the races!

Mick

tlanders

HOORAY!!!! MICK IS ON A PENTON!!!!!!

Teddy

G Ellis

Mick, maybe you need to get your money back from your so called mechanic from IL.:D:D I told you to take some extra rubber mounts, those 25 year old parts will brake. Maybe you need to get some better help getting those old bikes running.[:p][:p] 10 1/2 hours is just not enough time to shake down a non-running bike.:D I did have fun getting it running, I told you no warranty on services provided. Great job racing,if only you would ride just your Penton. I think that is the problem, I think a PV Penton is on order isn't it?[}:)][}:)]  Gary

Lew Mayer

Mick, I broke a mount, too, landing flatfooted off a jump. Did I say JUMP? Man, what was I thinking?[8] Daylight under both wheels?!
 Imagine a part lasting only 30 years. Musta been a reject part.;)
New member Glenn Berry also had his first Penton ride at Gatorback. Said he had fun and liked the bike.
Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Glenn Berry

Mick,Lew's right(it hurts me to say that),I rode my first cross contry race at gainesville which also was the first chance I had to ride my jackpiner and had a great time. The penton ran excellent, thanks to Lew and another friend Dewight Gill that helped me get my bike back in condition to race.Hope I can get to meet some of you guys in future events. Glenn

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry