77 GS-6 AHRMA Historic or PV class bike?

Started by Mike Lenz, April 05, 2005, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Is a 77 GS-6 in Historic or PV class for AHRMA Cross Country racing?

Lew Mayer

Mike, I'm sure you have over 4 inches rear travel and over 7 inches front, so that'll fit in PV.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dennis Jones

Mike,

New for this year AHRMA has separated PV cross country bikes into 2 groups: Historic = 75 - 77, will run as a class. Grand Prix = 78 - 81, and Ultima = 81 up will run as a class. I plan to ride a 77 250 GS6 in Historic Open this season, I hope to have it ready to ride by the Arkanasas 2 day.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tlanders

Mike,

I'm sure it is Historic as long as it doesn't have the '78 frame that the '78 MC5 has.

tlanders

Lew,

Are you coming to the ISDTVQ?

Teddy

firstturn

Teddy,
  What is the date and location?  Thanks....Ron C

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Teddy,
with the price of gas, I'll be lucky to afford to go to work. I'm sure I won't make the Two-Day. Have fun!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tlanders

Ron,

It is on the April 23-24 weekend. It's a fun two day trail ride. This is an event that you would have a great time with because you could treat it like a non competitive trail ride and enjoy the beautiful Ozark mountains during the peak beauty season. We will ride about 80 to 100 miles over the two days and you could sit out the 5 lap grass track motocross at the end. You could ride just one day if you wanted, or just do the morning session each day. The event as all about having fun and being with like minded people.

Teddy