'77 Sidecover Swap?

Started by Big Mac, April 07, 2005, 01:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I have a pair of very good condition original plastic, orange '77 KTM/Penton sidecovers off a 250 MC5. I bought the set for a '77 KTM GS6 restoration project that really needs blue sidecovers (a west-coaster). I planned to paint the covers blue, but they're really in pretty good shape and I hate to do it.

By chance anyone have a pair of blue sidecovers off maybe a '77 Jackpiner, and in need of Orange? Just thought I'd check before I go to town on this set. I have pics I can e-mail if anyone has blues to swap. Thanks, Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Dennis Jones

DKWracer has repos in fiberglass for your bike. There is a link in the suppliers page.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Big Mac

Thanks Dennis...yes I know, and fine repro's Tom does make. Just something a bit more comfortable about original plastic over fiberglass in my rock-bashing, tree-slamming corner of the world.

Not sure if original plastic in Orange might be as exciting to anyone else as original plastic in Blue might be to me. Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Dennis Jones

I know what you mean, I like stock parts too. It's ironic that the orange side covers on my 77 GS6 are blue plastic painted orange.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones