Re-chromed Radelli rims

Started by hanksie, April 10, 2005, 09:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanksie

Found a chrome shop in Canton,Ohio to re-chrome my Six-Days Radellis.Also did the handlebars.Its a little two man shop,but their work is worth checking out.They are All Polishing&Plating,owner Phil Elefter,ph:330-456-5400.

OhioTed

Where are they located?  I checked out a shop which is just off Tusc, close to downtown.  Didn't have anything done though, 'cause he quoted a very high price and didn't seem interested in working on my few bike parts.  Can't remember the name of the place right now.

hanksie

Ted,Sorry for not getting back sooner,working 10 hr. days,etc.I bet you were at the same place.True,its pricey (thanks EPA),but I was having a hard time finding a shop willing to do old,crusty rims.He did alot of prep work before plating that I should have done myself.Never having anything chromed before,I didnt know what all went into it.Maybe you just caught them on a bad day.They do alot of work for the locals(Dover)and all seem happy.    Bill

Rocket

The chrome shop I have used in the past in Sterling, IL., usually costs around $90.  If you want show look chrome, it's $120+.  What price are you getting them done for?
Rocket

Dennis D

Some of the chrome parts on the vintage bikes are what I call a "flash chrome" Anyone had any luck finding someone to so this? Dennis D

hanksie

Cost was $110 per rim.Im gonna run another 21" up this week thats in much better shape to see if price comes down.  Bill