$20,0000. For a Dual Sport ?????

Started by robbersroost1, November 26, 2005, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbersroost1

BMW has a new GS HP2 that cost $20,000. I did get to test ride one and it's a nice bike, but the skid plate, and the hand savers were junk. Only a 2.9 gallon tank, no grip heaters and more zip ties than you can count. Front forks were a little weak, and a 17 inch rear wheel. I has an air shock in the back, must be a first. KTM needs to look this bike over and make one for $10,000., so us normal folk could buy one. Had to laugh a little,dealer told of there first sale, rich guy bought it sight unseen, when it came in he couldn't get his leg over it to saddle up. Does anyone remember what the most expensive Penton sold for, or least?

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

OUCWBOY

Terry,
I don't know what the most expensive Penton sold for, but I remember paying $699.00 for my 1969 Steel Tanker NEW with the Enduro Kit. I think Mike was selling the bike without the Enduro Kit for $649.00.
If I could find those Enduro Kits now for 50 bucks each, I take a 100 of them. LOL

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Dennis Jones

Terry, How did you like it compared to your GS?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

robbersroost1

Dennis,  The HP2 is a lot different, much more narrow, throttle responce is better, seat height is much taller, front forks seem a little soft, about 80lbs lighter than gs. You could go off road much further than the GS. If this $20,000 bike fell you might cry, there's little to protect it. Ten cent parts like the skid plate, hand savers, front light cover, and very small tank are not what you think you would find on a bike this pricey. Buyer beware this is not worth the money, and the resale in a year does not look good in my eyes. All said if it were half the asking price I'd have one, sell my gs and never look back.

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

tlanders

Just get a KTM 950 Adventurer. I wish I had one.

Teddy

robbersroost1

Teddy,   I just returned from a dual sport ride in Utah and one of the guys had the 950 adven. with knobbys and although a heavy bike it will take a beating. Go down, over the bars that KTM is tuff. The BMW would fall apart. I would like the 950 in a dirt bike style, not the Adventure style and weight around 340 pounds. Sould we forward this reply to the mother ship?

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

tlanders

Scottie to bridge - Permission to upload replys?

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by robbersroost1

Teddy,   I just returned from a dual sport ride in Utah and one of the guys had the 950 adven. with knobbys and although a heavy bike it will take a beating. Go down, over the bars that KTM is tuff. The BMW would fall apart. I would like the 950 in a dirt bike style, not the Adventure style and weight around 340 pounds. Sould we forward this reply to the mother ship?

Terry Laible

ROBBER,...
KTM has already one 950 Enduro for you coming.
I have a picture of it.Need.If I was 6 foot and 200 pounds,....then,....?????Oh ja and 30 years younger,..-:))))

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003