Swing Arm - Bolt

Started by KJDonovan, November 20, 2005, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

All,

I am slowly...and I emphasize slowly reassembling my 72 Jack Piner and have come across yet another curious problem.  I was attempting to put the swing arm back on, I already replaced the bushings and was sliding the swing arm bolt through just to make sure everything was lined up and apparently the original swing arm bushings were two different sizes (on the ID)  The OD of the swing arm bolt I have is stepped, most of it is 14MM in diameter but the first 53 MM (2") beyond the head of it has an 18MM OD.  So either I need a different bushing for the right side or a different bolt.  Has anyone else ran into this?  

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

john durrill

KD,
 Follow this link, click on Penton parts, then at the top , click on page 17. Does your swing arm bolt look like this?
John D.
http://www.allcustomfab.com/penton/index.html

KJDonovan

John,

The swingarm bolt that I need, looks like that but the one I have has a step in it.

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

john durrill

Kevin ,
 It looks like you will need a bolt then. Unless you can have the one you have turned down to the right diameter.
 Someone in the group should have one they can part with.
THe steel in the stock bolt is very good. I would try and locate one rather than re-work what you have or have someone make one up for you.
Sorry i couldnt help more,
John D.

KJDonovan

John,

I spoke will Al B. and he is hooking me up with a used bolt.

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint